What’s the Difference Between Timber Floor Sanding and Polishing?
No one compromises on the shine of their Timber Floor Sanding and Polishing Melbourne. But everything has an expiry date, and hence these floors also need to be maintained. Over here, we will discuss floor sanding and polishing and how both techniques work on the floor.
As mentioned, there are two techniques of floor maintenance: sanding and polishing. The requirement of using these Timber Floor Sanding and Polishing Melbourne services depends upon the condition of the floor as they work differently, and both have their pros and cons.
Difference Between Floor Sanding and Floor Polishing
- Polished hardwood floors can remove minor scratches or abrasions, giving the floor a charming lustre that can last for years. Although polishing may seem economical and straightforward, it is very time-consuming. When you apply high-quality coatings and polishes on hardwood floors, you will get a charming appearance.
- On the other hand, Floor Sanding Melbourne is similar to polishing. They have almost the same meaning. Floor polishing and sanding consist of preparing the floor before applying the polyurethane coating to protect the floor and give it a shine.
- Sanding and polishing the floor softens the floor. In addition, it can restore shine and refresh the appearance of the floor. Polishing should be prioritized over other processes because it leaves the floor wood intact and complements the finish. Polishing hardwood floors increases the durability of the floor. In addition, it can also protect the floor from the impact of frequent planning marks.
- The interval between polishing the floors depends on the daily flow of the floor. In many cases, hardwood floors need to be polished every three years to maintain a good shape. Experienced technicians follow the correct floor polishing procedures to enhance the appearance of your floors professionally and protect them.
- The benefits of polishing restore the beauty of wooden floors, preserves the colour of wooden floors, extends the life of wooden floors.
- It also improves the house’s value, and sanding increases the sales value of the home because it makes the floor look attractive. It eliminates floor damage over time and prevents further damage. It leaves the floor clean and smooth.
- It may be dusty, but your technician should be able to clean it well.
Sanding should be done with caution, as it will remove a thin layer of wood from the floor. There is a limit to the number of times a hardwood floor can be sanded with sandpaper before it needs to be replaced.
- There is a clear difference between polishing and sanding floors. Sanding involves repainting the boards and sealing them with a new polyurethane coating. In contrast, polishing only involves polyurethane sealants and does not touch wood. Do not touch wood, as this protective layer may be damaged.
Timber Floor Sanding and Polishing Melbourne to restore the original appearance can increase the home’s value. Always contact professionals with a high level of experience in Floor Sanding Melbourne to help you solve this problem. At Prestige Floors, we the group of fashionistas ready to provide flooring solutions that fulfill your design dreams but live up to real life. We offer high-quality wood, vinyl, and laminate flooring at competitive prices.