Know About The Various Timber Installation Process
When you are going through renovation or the home building process, timber floor is irreplaceable despite other things. Timber is the best choice that is long-lasting and versatile whether it is flooring or upgrading the house interior décor. No doubt, timber is durable and attractive but it requires regular sanding and polishing to preserve its quality and look over the long years. There are various techniques of Timber Floor Installation Melbourne depending upon the flooring experts you hire. But it’s crucial to know what suits your house and décor, take advice from the reputed Floor Sanding Melbourne company for the successful completion of the project.
Keep on reading the blog to know about the various types of timber floor installation techniques!
Types of Timber Installation Methods That Are As Follows:
1) Plywood System:
- Experts from various organisations that deal in these solutions advise that the plywood method is best used for residential projects when a secret nail tongue and groove floor is required.
- This is because it is quite simple to generate the concrete floor’s cushioned effect using this way.
- Laying a moisture barrier over the concrete and then fixing the 15mm plywood sheeting with high tensile steel fasteners is the typical installation technique.
- After that, the floorboards are covertly nailed and afterwards glued to the plywood to ensure that the finish meets the height requirement of 34 mm.
- This procedure, according to experts, is appropriate for residential use because of the solid mass of the plywood subfloor, which can prevent vermin inhabitation.
2) Batten System:
- The batten system is the next technology utilised by timber floor installers, and it is mostly used to install wide board Tongue & Groove flooring on concrete.
- They do this by installing a 70 mm × 35 mm hardwood batten above the moisture barrier.
- The next step is to glue the floor to the battens and then hand nail it through the top of the board to the battens.
- As a result of this action, the finished height of 54 mm is easily accomplished.
- Experts claim a 19 mm hardwood batten can also be used to discreetly nail and fix an 80 mm x 19 mm Tongue & groove floorboard over concrete using batten systems.
3) Direct Glue System:
- The Direct Glue Approach is the next system utilised by timber floor fitters and it involves glueing Tongue & Groove flooring directly to the concrete slab.
- You will notice that the adhesion process is important in this system as a result of this strategy.
- As a result, it is necessary to ensure that the concrete floor is completely flat prior to beginning the operation.
- This level of flatness is evaluated by a thorough assessment by professionals who will determine whether the floor is suitable for using this technology.
- The professionals also determine the amount of moisture present and whether it meets the acceptable limits throughout this inspection process.
Hope you found the above information useful for your flooring projects. Hire prestige floors for extra protection and Timber Floor Installation Melbourne service to preserve the flooring quality for longer years.