Do You Know Wrong Sanding Paper Degrades Flooring Project?
Sanding project can be a little bit confusing because it creates a long-lasting impression on visitors. The first thing to remember about floor sanding is that you do not have to wait a long time for the floor to wear out before you can begin sanding. To learn more about Floor Sanding Melbourne, keep reading the blog till the end. Before you hire a professional to sand your floors, there are a few things to consider.
Sanding the floor is an important step, and even tiny errors can result in damage to the finish. Choosing professional floor sanding businesses over doing it yourself is the best option because it saves time and assures that the task is done correctly.
Common Error During the Floor Sanding Project
- It is important to use the finest sanding paper for the best floor sanding project. Because the entire project depends upon the quality of sandpaper. Sandpaper is the core of the sanding project that should be never taken lightly.
- The sandpaper you use will determine the condition of your floorboards. It doesn’t matter whether the floors were sanded previously or not, using the fine grit paper always gives the floor sanding experience. Experts say to start with a much coarser paper than you think to make the floor smoother than before.
If you haven’t sanded your floors for so much time, the highest grit paper you should use is 24 grit. This may seem abrasive and rough, but smooth things can’t remove enough dirt and old varnish. It may require some effort to get rid of old stains and varnish. Hence, using fine quality grit paper is essential to prevent consuming a lot more resources.
- Generally, experts start sanding with 16 grit paper as the floors are slightly wavy and had a thick coating of varnish on them. If you choose the improper grit, your sandpaper may clog up very soon. You’ll want to avoid clogged paper because it’s ineffective for the floor sanding.
- Using wrong sanding paper will lead to frequent replacing of the paper during the sanding process. Ultimately, it will consume more time to get the flooring project completed.
- Many homeowners think sanding floors is a physically demanding task but it’s an essential task for home maintenance. Even if you’re staining your floors (unless they’re black or painted), you should sand them till they look brand new.It’s the difference between an incredible and professional-looking finished floor and one that looks mediocre and incompetent. It’s a real pain to sand the perimeter of your space. It’s exhausting labor because you’ll be hanging over the edge sander for hours at a time.
The good news is that the margins can be sanded somewhat less than the main surface – in fact, it’s a good idea!
Hire Prestige Floors for the premium flooring installation or sanding task. We focus on delivering the best quality flooring service that will create an everlasting impression on your property. Consult us today for timber floor installation Melbourne services and other information.