Why Are Timber Floors Perfect For Any Office Space?
If you are in the process of renovating your office, then timber floors might be perfect for you. These types of floors create a natural, warm atmosphere that people enjoy. They provide many benefits, including that they can be constructed to fit whatever budget an office has.
While the aesthetic appeal of wood floors will always be popular, they may not be the most practical option for an office environment. However, choosing office flooring is essential to distinguish between what is aesthetically pleasing and what is more functional. Learn more about the benefits of Melbourne-wide timber floor installation in this helpful blog post!
What Are The Benefits Of Timber Floors?
Timber floors are wooden flooring used in domestic and commercial buildings. Getting a Timber Floor Installation Melbourne has a distinctive smell due to the natural tannins in the wood. They have a smooth top layer for a more excellent finish and require no maintenance other than sweeping. The benefits of timber floors include:
- Healthy Indoor Air Quality: Timber floors are becoming popular in offices because they can often help maintain nutritional indoor air quality. The floors are made with sustainably harvested wood and can be used to their full potential for decades. They last longer than other floor types, are easy to clean, and offer an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Variety: Timbers are a natural resource that can be made into anything from hardwood to extra-thick flooring. It can significantly enhance the look of your office, but it also provides many benefits, including energy efficiency and sound reduction.
- Effortless to Clean: Real hardwood floors can be time-consuming and challenging to clean. However, there are plenty of easy-to-clean options for your office.
- Suits All Decor:Timber floors are made from structural hardwoods that can be treated to make them rust-resistant. They are also naturally durable, with few maintenance requirements. Timber flooring is an excellent choice for offices with heavy foot traffic, as the hardwood absorbs footfall noise and vibration.
- Durability:Flooring materials are a crucial decision when choosing an office space. There are many options for office flooring, but concrete or timber is the best option for durability. The endurance of timber is due to its natural ability to breathe and sustain life.
How Does Timber Flooring Differ From Other Flooring Options?
Timber floors are known for being warm and natural. They also have different patterns, textures, and colours that can create a unique office space. The material is sourced from renewable forests, has a shallow impact on the environment, and can last up to 100 years without needing to be replaced.
What Is The Difference Between Hardwood, Parquet, And Laminate Floors?
Timber floors can be pretty expensive, so you may want to consider parquet, a wood floor that has been sanded, sealed, and varnished. It’s also much less likely to warp and crack over time than hardwood. Laminate floors are less expensive but come with a limited warranty period.
How Do I Choose A Timber Floor To Suit My Office?
Timber floors are an environmentally friendly option. They are made out of wood, a renewable resource, and they require less energy to produce than other flooring types. One of the most significant benefits of choosing timber as your flooring type is that it can be recycled or reused for new floors in the future. If you want to go with a dark colour, plenty of options are available, such as walnut, black ash, cherry, and mahogany.
When Should I Look At Finding A Contractor To Install My Floors?
When it comes to finding contractors, many people don’t know what they should look for. It is essential to find a contractor specialising in the floors you want. Also, make sure that your contractor has current licenses and insurance. Timber is typically installed by taking a saw and cutting the wood into pieces.
Floors are a big part of any office, and they can be expensive to replace if you need entirely new ones. Timber floors are inexpensive, as well as being very durable and eco-friendly. This means that you won’t have to keep replacing such a large part of your office just because of a bad decision early on. Contact Prestige Floors for all your Timber Floor Installation Melbourne needs today!